I use research, analytics and interviews to isolate concerns, trends and new market opportunities. By understanding the target audience holistically, I can tease out patterns, commonalities, needs, goals and mental models. What follows is a better grasp of the problems and clear assumptions built on validation, not hunches.
- Who is our user?
- What is the use case?
- What is the business case?
- What factors affect our user?
- What technologies are currently in use?
- What new opportunities arise?
- Interviewing stakeholders and users
- Workshop facilitation
- Defining target audiences and modeling personas
- Comparative and competitive audits
- Developing scenarios and mapping journeys
- Content, usability and technology audits
- Utilizing behavioral analytics
- Insight capture.
A big part of my process is figuring out the business challenge and how to align the client's goals with their customers' expectations. This helps clarify the project's complexity and scope, as well as the best way forward for design.
- What is the client's vision?
- How does our user view the system?
- Do business objectives and user needs align?
- What is the right feature prioritization?
- What technologies are useful and relevant?
- How are new findings impacting our timeline?
- Defining brand, UX, product and content strategy
- Identifying use cases, scenarios and flows
- Aligning requirements
- Establishing design principles
- Creative brainstorming
- Outlining the project roadmap
- Exploring mood and tone.
I handle all phases of design, from crafting original concepts to vigorous testing to shaping the final products and services. I believe that form follows function. From information architecture through ongoing user engagement to pixel-perfect design, my aim is to ensure brand and product success while leveraging an iterative and adaptive process.
- Which design best aligns with user need?
- What features best support user objective?
- Does the interface support the conceptual model?
- Does the design reflect brand values?
- Are we delivering design on time?
- Generating multiple design concepts
- Crafting information and wireframes
- Building interactive prototypes and physical models
- Developing test scripts and a/b testing
- Directing ux, visual and motion design
- Adapting the design across platforms
- Specifying visual design and interactive behaviors
- Producing presentation and pitch decks.
I think about development holistically. My solutions deliver clear and detailed design specifications across emerging web and platform technologies. Live prototypes and user feedback finesse the design in real-time, further improving the development effort.
- What features are priorities?
- What is the minimum viable product?
- What is the correct development methodology?
- How might we best support development?
- How might we deliver on technical excellence?
- Supporting various development methodologies
- Defining epics, user stories, versions and sprints
- Prioritizing feature releases
- Pairing with programmers
- Testing functionality and filing bugs.
It's critical to constantly learn from qualitative and quantitative data. These metrics help me create growth and meaningful change within my projects. Continuous discovery and evaluation amplify the design, as well as create a blueprint for scalability and success.
- Will the design idea work in the real world?
- Does the design support our user in both digital and physical product experiences?
- How can analytics and user feedback improve the next product iteration?
- Where's the next opportunity and will it evolve the brand?
- Testing and quality assurance
- Utilizing analytics and user feedback
- Continuing product, service and feature refinement.